Registered Nurse – Neurological
Staff Nurse with progression to Senior Staff Nurse – Neurological (6)
Our client is a is a highly regarded, specialist Neurological complex care provider. They offer a 24 hours nursing service in a 50+ bed facility. They provide treatment for service users with neurological conditions such as acquired brain injuries (trauma etc.), spinal cord injuries and progressive conditions, with or without complex needs.
Nurses work within an MDT comprising of Physiotherapy, Occupational Therapy, Speech and Language Therapy, Music Therapy and Psychology departments internally, plus external agencies, GP’s etc. They offer slow stream rehabilitation for those on inpatient rehabilitation pathways. There is also and outpatient service.
This is an exciting role for a nurse with profession to Senior Staff Nurse upon training. You will be working as part of a multi-disciplinary team (MDT) as a Staff Nurse in providing safe, effective and efficient nursing care for adults ages 18+ with complex acquired neurological conditions and physical disabilities.
- As a nurse you will be responsible for the assessment, planning, implementation and evaluation of care/rehabilitation pathways for residents under direct supervision from senior nursing staff.
- You must be able to demonstrate procedures and supervise unqualified staff (Health Care Assistants) eventually, working without direct supervision once the key competencies of a Registered Nurse working with our client are achieved.
- You must be able to adhere to the NMC code at all times as well as, any relevant professional policies and procedures ensuring to demonstrate excellent nursing practice. All nursing staff are:
- To promote our client’s values.
- To demonstrate commitment to quality patient care through effective team working.
- To have the ability to carry out manual handling activities (involving residents and/or equipment), which require frequent and moderate physical effort, when required.
- To protect and support the health of each individual resident at the centre.
- To work in close liaison with the MDT in providing all care staff with effective leadership that promoting our client’s philosophy of care and excellent standards of training.
- To ensure that each resident receives holistic, person-centred care that promotes effective safeguarding, dignity and health well-being at all times.
The ideal candidate:
- You will have a minimum of 2 years experience withing a neurological setting
- Experience of working within a Multi Disciplinary Team
- Valid NMC pin with no restrictions & adhere to the NMC code of conduct at all times – for International applicants, we will guide you through this process
Employee salary & Benefits:
- Competitive Salary
- Free Training and in-house courses
- Funded qualifications
- Contributary pension scheme
- FREE uniform & paid allowance
- Paid for breaks equivalent to at least £1500 per year
- FREE parking
- Cycle to work scheme
- Subsidised freshly cooked meals and much more
If this sounds like your next step, get in touch and apply online now. We will get back to you within 24 hours of your valued application.
For overseas Nurses – full relocation package offered