GP Clinical Lead – Mid-Essex
Are you an experienced GP Clinical Lead looking for a new challenge which includes flexibility and amazing career benefits, which also allows you to be a part of making a positive change within the NHS? If yes, then this role will be perfect for you.
Insignia Global Partners are thrilled to be working a reputable private healthcare company, who are looking for an experienced GP Clinical lead to join their team in Mid-Essex. Insignia will provide you with one to one consultancy to guarantee you have the personal assistance and support you need throughout the whole recruitment process and to ensure you are placed in a role that matches your preferences and clinical skills.
The purpose of your role as GP Clinical lead will to be an integral member of the practice Senior Management Team and will participate in key decisions relating to the management and strategic direction of the practice. As GP Clinical Lead you will provide leadership in Clinical Governance matters, as well as to provide mentorship, support and guidance to practice practitioners working within the service.
The benefits you can expect are:
· A salary of up to £120,000 FTE
· 25 days annual leave plus bank holidays (pro-rated where applicable)
· Access to premier offers such as discounted experience days and savings on company products such as holidays, gym and media
· Access to a central online health and lifestyle platform covering healthy recipes, activity challenges, and support information around mental health
· Complimentary annual eye tests
· Protected admin time
· Act as a point of reference for salaried GPs to provide guidance, advice and mentorship
· Provide guidance to salaried GPs in relation to their learning and development, including PDP needs, in line with Drs policies and procedures
· Provide leadership within the practice on clinical governance matters, liaising closely with Practice Manager and other members of the senior management team.
· Ensure salaried GPs and clinical staff work to required performance standards including using regular audit, case reviews and directly observed consultations.
· Actively represent the practice and patients at CCG and locality meetings.
· Ensure adherence to all local practice policies and clinical governance processes.
· Supports staff raising concerns about services or clinical standards.
· Acts promptly by investigating and addressing concerns and complaints relating to clinical staff and/or services.
· Represent the service at National governance review meetings.
· Together with the SMT drive forward positive changes in the delivery of the service to meet the changing demands of health care, commissioning and contractual requirements and improve performance
· Provide a clinical perspective to the SMT to ensure delivery of a cost effective, safe service which meets the needs of patients
· Work with the SMT to ensure medical services meet contractual requirements and achieves key performance indicators in a safe, timely and cost-effective way.
· Ensure transmission of clinical information both within and external to the practice remains confidential and adheres to information governance and data protection legislation
· Maintains the highest clinical standards at all times and practices in accordance with accepted good medical practice and service standards.
· Promotes the health and well-being of all medical and clinical staff within the practice by promoting efficient working methods and behaviours.
· Keeps up to date with advances in medicine and practices in line with national and local guidance and support other medical and clinical staff to do the same.
· Promotes the application of standards, protocols and codes of practice as set by Royal College of General Practitioners, General Medical Council, all other Royal Colleges and Councils applicable to the staff within the practice, Department of Health, Commissioning Bodies and all other regulatory and standard setting organisations
· Provide clinical advice and guidance to all practitioners caring for patients of the Practice.
· Demonstrates innovation in the development of practice strategy and policy.
· Ensure adequate and appropriate supervision and mentoring for salaried GPs working in the service
· Ensure effective lines of communication with practice staff and patients, local stakeholders, regulators and commissioners.
· Ensure that all registrations and revalidations appropriate to the personnel used by the practice are up to date and appropriate for the services provided
· Contribute to the personal and professional development review process for clinical staff enabling them to meet the medical, clinical and business needs of the practice, aspirations of the individual and requirements for registration and revalidation
· Ensure all medical referrals for patients meet best practice guidance for assessment and record keeping and this is audited on a regular basis.
· Maintain confidentiality in line with professional standards
· Ensure that patient notes are fit for purpose, generated and filed in accordance with appropriate protocols and legislation.
· Ensure medicines management in the Practice meets legal requirements and is safe, clinically effective and conforms to:
– NICE guidance and DH directives
– Good Prescribing Practice as defined by the National Prescribing Centre, British National Formulary (BNF) and Royal Pharmaceutical Society of Great Britain
– Controlled Drugs legislation
– Guidance agreed by local medicines management teams
– Locally adopted and authorised Patient Group Directions
· Encouraging prescribing staff to:
– Not exceed prescribing budget
– Comply with targets set within the local Prescribing Incentive Scheme
– Comply with prescribing indicators
– Have a high prescribing rate for generic, non-branded drugs
– Have a system that ensures safe management, monitoring and regular review for all patients receiving repeat prescriptions
To apply for this position please send your CV to email@example.com or call to discuss this opportunity further 07543 408972